Another list to celebrate the end of 2019! The little tradition on this blog is to collect my favorite hominin #FossilFriday tweets of the year, from number 10 to 1. This is the fifth year of this list!
What is a ‘FossilFriday’? Every Friday, people post pics of their favorite fossils using the hashtag #FossilFriday, mainly on Twitter. This can be about famous specimens, odd fossils, museum collections, rare photos, scientific papers or blog posts. I love to join it & tweet about hominin fossils. One more time, let’s start!
10. Feeding the debates about the dawn of ‘modern’ speech. By Tom O’Mahoney:
9. John Hawks completed a nice ‘inktober’ and posted an ink drawing about evolution every day of October:
8. Best mandible ever found for Homo rudolfensis. By Mario García Bartual:
7. Why was Ardipithecus kadabba bipedal 5 million years ago? By Zach Cofran:
6. Another great fossil history picture shared by Paige Madison:
5. A very close view on Denisova cave’s famous layer 11, by Adam Van Arsdale:
4. 2019 was another good year to discuss about the origin of our species. These two old fossils are always part of the debate. And Chris Stringer never missed a FossilFriday:
3. More amazing news on the Neandertal group from El Sidron cave. By MNCN Collecciones:
2. Really odd picture of Mrs. Ples. By Andy I. R. Herries:
1. And finally… Meet laser-sediba! By Ashley Kruger:
Want more? Check out the lists from previous years:
Merry Christmas and Happy 2020!